Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Time to relax, Vilnius, Lithuania, -10 C outside. 10 cm of snow.

After an other very boring day at work (that's me speaking), Daiva and I went to the Intro visiting our friend and local DJ Jonathan. That evening, he was playing some reggae to a buzzing audience. I have to say this kind of music is not really my cup of tea as I am more fond of Heavy Metal. However the atmosphere was relax and welcoming, which confirms that the Lithuanian University students are not so scary after all ;-). Also important to say about the Intro: the beer, despite it is served in plastic cups, is fresh and tasty.
Jonathan keeps on repeating that Lithuania is the best place to live in the world...(and he travels a lot). If the beer remains always nice, I will believe in him.




Note: Today was also the Women's day...Hey, here is a cute one passing by! Meet Daiva, my beloved girl friend. Sweet and wild creature to meet when the moon is full, isn't she?


Daiva and I cannot wait to see the longer and warmer days coming back. We are in march (time flies here), but the Neris is still covered with a thick layer of ice and snow. It seems that the Winter wants to mark deeply the land and the people before withdrawing reluctantly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just amasing! Your talking about -10°c, snow and ice, and you are wearing about four layers of cotton and wool jumpers, and there we have Daiva, elegant as usual, with just a simple jacket!!!
You must be kiding me...

Vincku said...

Yes, and she got half frozen when we came back... ;-)

Anonymous said...

....yeap, i was frozen and Vince have tried to warm me up by making artificial respiration - from lip to lip ;-)))